Monday, January 7, 2008

Anime Review

Myself; Yourself



yawn........


OK.. So this is my first anime review. It's not something that I would do often, but since I had just finished watching it, I ought to give it a few comments. So the anime is about a high school student, Hidaka Sana, who was transfered back to his old hometown, 5 years after his family had moved away from there. He's living there alone this time around.

When he was a kid, he had so much memories in the town, fun and sad moments, with his four other best friends - Aoi-chan, the eldest between them, Shuusuke and Shuri the twins, and Nanaka-chan. He re-met with all of them and they rekindled their friendships, and relived the great times that they used to have together. They re-endured hard moments and re-enjoyed their cheerful moments together, though this time as adults.

The storyline is quite average some would say, but it's enough to satisfy me, especially the drama in the final few episodes. The part school-life, part comedy, part romance and part drama are what I always search for in animes, and this anime portray those in a quite well-balanced way. The animation (character design, colouring, etc. etc.) is really nice, couldn't detect any flaws. Catchy opening theme (Tears Infection by KAORI). Well, I guess the only thing that makes me sad is that the anime finishes wayyyyy too fast, a merely 13 episodes only. wth -_-. So, overall:

Graphics: 8.5/10 (I like the art, quite good)
Sounds: 8/10 (catchy OP ftw, and the voice actors are great, especially for Aoi-chan... lol so kawaiii)
Storyline: 8/10 (a little bit of comedy here and there, nice drama near the end)

Duration: 5/10 (too short (number of episode-wise), like I said -_-)
Gameplay: 8/10 (rofl wrong review :P !!)
Awesomeness Rating: 8/10 (
made me appreciate friendships even more...)

Overall: 7.5/10 (hmm... quite a low rating, but it's still a decent anime in my book)

Err.. I sounded as if I was making a game review or something, I dunno what else to give ratings to.. rofl.. But I guess this should do it for now....


KAORI - TEARS INFECTION

The lead singer really needs to take some dancing lessons o.O...


/end

No comments: