Wednesday, June 18, 2008

EURO 2008 Playoffs


So I just watch the final matches of the group stages and just thought of making a note of my prediction somewhere, and I thought of no better place than this...



EURO 2008

OK here's the story so far. I didn't watched all matches actually, since I missed some of them due to exams and tiredness... But I've manage to watch the ones I found important and interesting (let's face it, not all people find it enjoyable to watch the 0-0s and 1-0s).


Here's the brief-est of review for the group stage: -
(first placed listed first and followed by runners up of the group...duh!)

Group A - Portugal and Turkey

Group B - Croatia and Germany

Group C - Netherlands and Italy

Group D - Spain and Russia



And the quarterfinals brackets looks like this: -

QF1 - Portugal vs Germany
QF2 - Croatia vs Turkey

QF3 - Netherlands vs Russia

QF4 - Spain vs Italy




So, the Portuguese found it not that hard at all and manage to qualify for the playoffs with a consecutive wins in their first two matches. They top the group and faces runners-up of Group B, Germany. Oh God have I not predicted this in the face of Pet! I told him exactly that the Germans would lose a game, came second place and meet up with his Portugal team. Right on the money I'd say! :DDD Now that the Portuguese have a hard encounter for the quarterfinal, I couldn't be all the more happier! Come to think of it, it's quite hard to not be biased on predicting this match as my hatred for the faggot, that is Ronaldo, surpasses everything (except maybe for Drogba and Mikael "Lut" Silvestre!) Hmm... So, after giving some thoughts...For Portugal vs Germany, I'll go for a Germany win kkkk. 110% biased, if I may add. Lalalalalal...



Next!! Turkey vs Croatia. An interesting tie here. Turkey manage to muster a great comeback against the Czechs in what I consider their best match in the group stage (it's the only match of the Turks I watched anyway oO lul). But they played really well against the Czechs - passing the ball around, keeping possessions, great build ups and hitting on the counter-attack - just the way I like it. They played convincingly and thoroughly deserved their spot for the playoffs. Now, on to Croatia. OK honesty, I haven't watched a single match of them. But surely being the reason why England failed to qualify for EURO2008 is something to brag? Well, I guess so. And they didn't just stop there, mind you. They thumped their group with a 100% record, with wins against Germany, Poland and Austria. WOW, these guys must be good... err not really! IMO, besides the win against Germany, I don't think there's anything to brag about. But that doesn't mean they should be underestimated. Hmm, so....I give Turkey the upperhand as their performance against the Czechs was something worth pointing out. They just need to stop leaking goals and they'll be all set for further advancements in the tournament.



Netherlands vs Russia eh? Hmm..
The Russians played very well against Sweden in the last game of their group, and that's about the only game I watched that concerns them lol. Their movements with the ball in that game was impressive, and was unlucky to not finish the game with more than the 2 goals they scored. They really manage to conjure up a handful of clearcut chances, and both their goals was from great build ups. It was kinda like watching VP.DotA slaughter SK.DotA in a grand final a couple of months back. Yeah, the Russians played that good. And with a manager like Guus Hiddink, surely Russia can proceed further than the quarters no? Well, not when you meet Netherlands aka Holland aka Dutch aka whatever. Netherlands pretty much dominated their group with the most goals so far (9) and conceding only ONE! (WTF?! so pro!) They are one of two teams that I have my eyes on in this version of EURO (the Germans being the other) and the way they ripped through their group is just pure massacre. Being in the so called "group of death", they were written off early on. But come on, it's only France and Italy (and Romania) in the group. The Flying Dutchmen soared their groups easily with full points and not losing a game and, not to mention, played a superb all round football. What's so "death" about it? oO So, I predict a Dutch win (not really biased, but I think that the Russians won't be able to cope with the Dutch).


The last match for the quarterfinals is Spain vs Italy. LOLOLOL?! Was this even necessary? Spain, hands down. Duh!



And with that, the Semifinals should look like this: -

SF1 - Germany vs Turkey

SF2 - Netherlands vs Spain



And being very very "unbiased", I predict a Holland vs Deutschland finals. Hahaha.. :DD




Actually, what I predicted for the finals is as below: -


Germany vs Netherlands

Turkey vs Netherlands
Croatia vs Netherlands



And I crossed out the other two as both of them have a really outside chance of making it further than where they are currently. But, maybe with a little bit more desire, will and determination to win, why not them? I mean, Greece won it last time. Yes...Greece! Rememberrr? Sooooo, why not Turkey? Why not Croatia? :D



P/S: Don't take my comments seriously kkkk? But do take note of my predictions, might win you some greens LOL.


P/S 2: I finally posted a new entry rofl...

P/S 3: Formatting and perfecting a post is tiring... zzzzz

P/S 4: Posting this is actually a good warm up for my Advance English 1 exams this coming Friday morning..Cool! Watch out for imba essayz! ROFL :D



Thursday, June 19th - 6:45 a.m.

/end


No comments: